I hope you had a GREAT 4th of July Weekend. I know that I did. I have a very busy week this week. Therefore, I will be quick and straight to the point…
1. Please be in prayer for Eastside’s Youth Group. There are 21 youth & adults in Ridgecrest, NC at mission camp. From all reports they are having a BLAST! They will be back on Friday afternoon. Please pray for their lives to be transformed, a safe trip, and a safe return.
2. Join me in praying for 20 new small group leaders and new small group members. God has laid these prayer requests on my heart. I am fully confident that God will provide these new leaders.
3. Eastside will have our first ever Homecoming event on Sunday, August 8, 2010. We will have a special worship service at 10:30 am then at NOON we will have FREE lunch for everyone. Nelson Benton will be taking a FREE Family Portrait of each family. Rev. Houston Berry, Eastside’s first full-time pastor, will be our guest speaker for that day. Please invite all present and former members back for a day of celebration.
4. If you have any historical pictures that relates to Eastside and/or pictures of former staff members then please give them to Vivian Wallace. They will be returned to you. You can contact Vivian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Eastside’s Elders have made a minor change in our NAME CHANGE voting. We have dropped the name “Connection Community Church” and added “Eastside Community Church.” This minor change is a result of a lot of feedback from our church family. You can go to www.eastside-baptist.com to vote.
6. Be in prayer for our upcoming mission trip to Guatemala. We have 14 people from Eastside that will be going on this trip.
I love being your pastor. I love what God is doing in our midst. Please contact me if you need anything.
Grace and Peace,