In my previous post, Death By Inches, I proposed several statements that may indicate that your purpose is not clear and that you may need clarity for your life.
In this post, I want to identify some of the most common—and the most devastating—causes of death by inches:
- a strained marriage which consumes our mental and emotional energies
- career disappointments, a belligerent boss, and unrealistic expectations at work
- children who are out of control
- severe or chronic health problems in the immediate family
- severe financial problems
- dealing with a family member who has severe emotional or psychological problems, such as alcoholism
- the corrosive effects of bitterness
- unconfessed sin
- an immoral lifestyle
- the shame of past, unresolved failures
- constant opposition
- unrelieved oppression
- disappointment with God
How does one deal with any of the above issues? How are you dealing with these causes of a dead-end life? In my next post, I will offer several inappropriate ways we often try to cope with our stresses of life.
You may benefit from having your LifePlan conducted. Click here to learn more about what is involved in having your LifePlan conducted.
Interested in talking with Virgil about coaching, consulting, training or speaking with your leaders? Contact him at email@example.com.
Follow me: @virgilgrant