I would like to draw your attention to a couple upcoming items:
Rose and I are going to host a special event in our home for our small group called Secret Church. The date is Friday, April 22, 2011 from 7pm to 1:00am (EST). We would like to encourage you to consider hosting this event for your small group and/or for your family. All you need to do is to click on this link: Click Here for more details.
Here is the teaching focus on this event: “What must we do to be saved?” During this Secret Church, David Platt will help us to explore how the Bible answers this question as we consider God’s love, Christ’s atonement, and the Christian’s conversion, regeneration, justification, sanctification, and eventual glorification. In the end, we will find ourselves boasting only in the cross of Christ, through which we have received the grace of God and by which we now live for the glory of God.
2. Don’t forget that Easter Sunday is April 24, 2011. Start praying and inviting others now.
3. Thank you for your generosity. Eastside has collected over $2,550.oo for the relief efforts in Japan. We will be sending our donations to World Vision. Your generosity never seeks to amaze me.
4. Please pray for the leadership of the church as will begin the next phrase of our strategic plan which God is calling us to fulfill. Here are a few ways you can pray for us:
- We would be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- We would be open to feedback from others.
- We would saturate these next steps in and with prayer.
- We would have the endurance, fortitude, and power of God in/upon our lives.
- We would bring glory to God through our efforts.
Don’t miss Sunday as I will be sharing with you a very important aspect of Intimacy with God.
Love and Prayers,