Greg Gillum and I had the opportunity to spend 4 days in Orlando, FL at the Exponential Conference this past week. You can learn more about this conference by visiting www.exponential.org. While there, Greg and I was able to spend a lot of time with our friends from Real Life Ministries in Post Falls, Idaho and from Harpeth Community Church in Nashville, Tn. We had a blast. Here are my thoughts from our time at Exponential 2013.
Here are my BIG take aways:
- It’s good to be able to rest at a workshop/conference and not be worried about looking for the next BIG VISION! Eastside already has the biblical vision…Disciples Making Disciples.
- It’s really good to be able to spend some quality time with a staff member, Greg Gillum. Time away from the office and the home allows people to bond in a way that you could never accomplish back at the office. It was also wonderful spending time with Luke Yetter, Jim Putman, Keith Strasburger, Jim Harris, Aaron Couch, Bobby Harrington, and many others. These men are awesome.
- I received affirmation that Eastside is absolutely on the right track of making disciples who can make disciples who can make disciples. Many pastors, staff members, and ministers are so hungry for relationships and for biblical community. They are so lonely. They had a glimpse of what God wanted them to do but was overwhelmed with how to go about accomplishing the vision of making disciples.
- Investing intentionally in my small group members lives is a non-negotiable for Rose and me. I am so grateful for learning, living out, and experiencing relational discipleship.
- I did learn a LOT. I will be sharing a lot with you in the days to come.
See everyone Sunday!