Here is what I shared last night with our church family at our Ministry Celebration.
We celebrated the fact that since September 2013:
- 57 new members
- 29 of these new members came through baptisms
- 7 new small groups have launched
- 364 adults in worship
- 280 adults in small group
- 214 volunteers
- 106 fully surrendered disciples
Our intentional efforts to disciple more people has lead to growing pain issues. Eastside needs to address the following issues:
- Overcrowded parking lot
- Freeing up two additional rooms via remodeling the upstairs
- Blacktop current gravel lots
- Replace carpet in the preschool wing
All of these issues are cash flow issues. Until we get the cash to address these items, what are we going to do?
- Launch a new 633 Worship experience on Sunday evenings at 6:33pm. This will be primarily for a high school and college students, or 20 something year olds, although anyone is welcome to attend. There are over 20,000 people living in Madison County from the ages 13 to 23 who are potential disciples. Then there are the 17,000 students at EKU who are also potential disciples. A huge field of harvest for sure.
- Hiring a full-time high school/college pastor to develop this ministry. This full-time person will build and develop this ministry from the ground up and will help to share the load of preaching with me on Sunday mornings as well. Schedule for high school and college ministry will be as follows: 633 Worship; 7:00pm teaching then small group at 7:30pm.
- August 17, 2014 will be High Attendance Sunday with the launch of our new 633 Worship Experience. Our special guest for that day will be Dominque Hawkins a current member of the University of Kentucky Men’s Basketball team.
- Volunteers are going to start working upstairs to tear out current carpet and remove items from the walls in an effort to remodel two classrooms upstairs. The conference room and the room across from the conference room will be moved and those rooms will be transformed into children’s classroom space. Stay tuned for scheduled work days at the church.
- Praying for families to step up and make a financial commitment to NEXT so we can keep moving ministry forward at Eastside, and to fund the items above that need to be addressed.
- Billy Edwards, our current youth minister, will be leading our middle school ministry which will take place on Sunday mornings at 9:30am or 11:00am.