Over the last few months the elders at Eastside has been requesting your prayers as it relates to the future direction of the church. At this time, the elders are ready to announce our 3 main emphasizes for 2010. I will share these priorities one at a time. Today is our first priority. Later this week I will share priorities 2 and 3. All 3 of these prioritie are vital to Eastside’s future. These are in no particular order. There had to be a first, second, and third.
Priority #1: Be a blessing to each other, to our community, and to the world through our generosity/giving of our time, talent, and treasure:
How will this priority be accomplished in 2010? Here are some of our major initiatives. There may be other outreach events added as the year unfolds.
- Shoes for Haiti – collection is going on now through the end of March
- Madison County Back Pack Program – a year around effort to provide food for school children on the weekends. Presently serving over 200 children in Madison County.
- God’s Outreach Food Pantry of Madison County – a local ministry which Eastside supports year around. Construction will start in 2010 for their new distribution center which will be located on East Main Street. Eastside will provide most of the labor for this endeavor.
- Madison County Empty Bowls Project – March 26th at First Baptist Church – provide soup for the participants and encourage others to attend either lunch from 11:00 to 1:00pm or dinner from 4:30pm to 6:30pm. Donations benefits God’s Outreach, Salvation Army, Home Meals, & Food Bank of KY River Foothills.
- Working with other churches in Madison County to launch a deaf mission church – ongoing effort
- Easter Extravaganza on April 3, 2010 – Networking with the City of Richmond to provide safe alternatives for children of Madison County
- Neighborhood Impact – June 26-July 2 – Week of Missions in Richmond, Berea, & Irvine. More details forthcoming.
- Upward Basketball & Cheerleading Camp – week long camp for boys and girls ages 1st grade thru 6th grade. Dates to be determined.
- International Mission Trip to Guatemala – July 31-August 7 – 8 day mission trip to serve at Prince of Peace Orphanage.
- Upward Basketball & Cheerleading Regular Season – Sharing the gospel to over 400 students.
- Feed My Starving Children Meal Packing Event – October 16-22 at The Home Store and More. This year’s goal is 200,000 meals.
- Thanksgiving Food Basket Giveaway – to local families through the school system
- Adopt-A-Family for Christmas – each small group associated with Eastside is encouraged to adopt a family for Christmas.