Last week was an AWESOME week for me. I was able to attend a two-day conference in Post Falls, Idaho at Real Life Ministries. I learned so much and what I learned complimented what we are doing at Eastside.
We had a great kick-off to our new church wide spiritual growth campaign – The Me I Want To Be. If you have not signed up for a small group and/or picked up your book and study guide then there is still time to join a group. See Greg Gillum or contact at email@example.com or 624-9646.
Baptism: This Sunday (Sept 18th) at 10:50 am we will have a baptism service. If you would like to be baptized then please contact Pastor Virgil at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 661-5373. Trey Hood and Blake Benton are scheduled to be baptized.
- Eastside received a gift a couple weeks ago which allowed us to pay off our van which we purchased.
- Josephine Cowan received great news from her doctor and from some tests she had this past week.
- 11 New Small Groups are starting this week. We now have 31 adult small groups.
- 35+ new people have made a commitment to be involved in a new small group this fall.
- College Small Group launched yesterday with 8 in attendance.
- Eastside’s leadership had a productive planning day for 2012 a couple weeks ago and will continue the planning session this Friday.
- Eastside’s search for a new worship leader and a new youth leader.
- Judy Dean who will have double knee replacement on Tuesday in Lexington.
- Todd and Angie Lucas as they anticipate the birth of their son this week.
- Christina and Chris Pennington as they anticipate the birth of their daughter this month.
- Jane and Nelson Young
- Melvin and Frankie Mills
- Barbara Bradley
- Small Groups that are launching this week and for our new small group leaders.
- Johnathon and Holly Tussey
- Country, President, and Men & Women serving our country around the world.
- Prince of Peace Girls Home and Dr. Jim and Kay Hines the executive directors of the home.
- Students and Faculty Members in our school systems and universities.