I hope you will take a few minutes and give thanks to the Lord for His GOODNESS this week. In preparation for Thanksgiving Day, allow me to remind you are 5 important things:
1. Here are some GRATITUDE quotes I received in an email today…
From the Talmud: He who gives should never remember; he who receives should never forget.
When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity. A person can almost be defined by his or her attitude toward gratitude. –Elie Wiesel
Silent gratitude isn’t much good to anyone. -Gladys Bronwyn Stern
2. Church offices will be closed Thursday and Friday of this week.
3. December 5, 2010 at 5:00 pm will be our annual Children’s Christmas Play. Following this year’s Children’s Christmas Play we will have a catered dinner to benefit the TY LUCAS FOUNDATION. We will be accepting donations for dinner. If you haven’t already RSVP then please email Sherri Green at firstname.lastname@example.org with the number attending.
4. Faith Promise Giving Update – WOW! Thank you for everyone’s generosity toward our drive for $100,000.00 in 6 months. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. Here are the latest numbers:
Total of Pledges Received: $109,211.61
Amount Actually Received: $70,953.52
Families who made Pledges: 77
We will continue to receive donations for this fund until we reach our goal of $100,000.00.
5. Thank you for being the GREATEST church family in the World. I love each one of you. Rose, Jacob, Rachel, and I wish each of you a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Please get some rest and enjoy your time with the family.
Love and Prayers,
Pastor Virgil and Family