Dear Church Family,
1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a great start to 40 Days of Love. We had 188 Adults in Small Group Bible Study this past week and 318 in Worship. God is doing some really awesome things. Continue to be obedient and faithful to what God tells you to do.
2. Compassion Week is quickly approaching us. Compassion Week is scheduled for October 19-23, 2009. To learn more about Compassion Week Details please click here.
3. This week I begin my 20th year as pastor of Eastside Baptist Church. Wow. I cannot believe this. I am very humble by the love, support, and prayers of this church family. I count it a privilege and honor to serve as your pastor. We have the best people in the world at Eastside. I love each one of you. A pastor friend told me the other day that only 1 pastor in 50,000 stays at the same church for 20 years. I thought I was 1 in a million but I will settle for 1 in 50,000.
4. Don’t forget to sign up to Pack Meals for Feed My Starving Children. If you or your family has not signed up to help with this project then please contact Vivian Wallace at email@example.com to find out what slots are still open. I know that Thursday, October 22nd is already FULL.
5. Eastside still needs to collect about $3,000.00 dollars to have the 100,000 meals paid in full as it relates to Feed My Starving Children. The total cost of the 100,000 meals are $17,000.00. If you would like to help with this final amount just let me know. By God’s Grace, He has provided $14,000.00 with no fundraising, begging, or pleading. I know God will provide the last $3,000.00.
6. Don’t miss this Sunday…I will be talking about How to Love Others with Your Words.
See you on Sunday.
Love and Grace,