This blog entry is taken from the Time Management Nija by Craig Jarrow. His posts on his blog are awesome. You can sign up to receive his posts on a weekly basis by click on the link above.
What’s On Your Weekend List?
Do you have a weekend list?
Or do you kick back and wait until Monday to get back to being productive?
While I advocate a strong boundary between work and life, there are things that you still may need to get done during your weekend.
Some of these are “life tasks” that typically don’t get done during the work week. You know, all the personal tasks that you put off while you were working your job.
So, what is on your weekend list?
Here are some of my tips for a productive weekend list…
“6 Types of Tasks For Your Weekend List:”
- Life Tasks – Get those personal tasks done that you put off during the work week. It could be paying bills or even cleaning up your house.
- Maintenance Tasks – Perform preventative maintenance tasks before things are out-of-order. Vehicle checks, home upkeep and even health maintenance fall into this category.
- Prep Tasks – Planning is good. Preparation is better. Get ahead of the game by prepping for some of your upcoming appointments and work.
- Work Tasks – Separating work and life is a must, and I advocate strict boundaries. However, when work has intruded on your personal time, you might have to do some extra work to put things back in check. And yes, that might mean working the weekend.
- Overdue Tasks – Overdue tasks eat away at your sub-sonscious, raise your stress level, and create extra work. Get them done so that you can sleep at night.
- Someday-Maybe Tasks – Someday lists are the often the ultimate form of procrastination. Check your someday-maybe list and see what you can work on.