I cannot tell you the joy and the excitement that I am feeling about the start of our new journey with fasting and our new sermon series, Practical Atheist.
Here are some of the feedback I have received about our fasting endeavor: (by the way if you haven’t started the journey or made your decision about joining us for this week of fasting. It’s not to late. Click here to learn all the details)
- Some are fasting from television for a week. WOW! This is when the national football championship game is being played tonight.
- Others are fasting from Facebook for 21 days or for just a week.
- Still others are fasting from Twitter, their cell phone, and others from video games.
- Others are cutting their food consumptions and some are eliminating desserts from their diet for the next 7 days.
- I have heard of one couple doing a water only fast for the next 7 days.
- I have also heard of three people seeking to fast from tobacco.
- One couple expressed to me that they didn’t realize what an idol food were for them.
These are just a few of the testimonies I have heard about this past week.
As you continue with your fast I would like to provide you with 2 verses from the Bible that may be beneficial to you:
I Corinthians 10:13 (NIV) “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
I Corinthians 10:31 (NIV) “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
I would like to thank everyone for the great comments regarding yesterday’s message. It was a great day.
I would like to welcome the following New Members:
Chris and Candice Minter – by letter
Scott and Beverly Rowden – by letter
Hagan Brinegar – by baptism
Charles and Stacey Brinegar – by letter
BTW, I will be providing a Sanctuary Makeover Update tomorrow after Noon. Stay tune. Exciting days ahead.
Grace and Peace,